Norsonic is releasing new main software version v2.1 for Nor140.
The new instrument firmware version - named 2.1.197 - has the following new features and changes:
• General support for Nor850 system meaning that future use of the actual instrument in a Nor850 multichannel system will require that the Nor140 instrument is using the version 2.1 (or newer) internal firmware.
• When making short audio recordings together with Level vs. Time profile measurements with relatively long period lengths, multiple recordings may occur within the same measurement period. This resulted in different numbers on audio markers and the correct number of recordings which again gave an error in the replay. This error is now fixed.
• The correction networks for use with the new Nor1214 outdoor microphone are now improved both for horizontal and vertical use.
• Handling of audio recordings on SD-cards is greatly improved.
• Active operation of the QA/QC reference spectrum test (option 2) is now available for all displays – not only in the Level vs. frequency display. Hence, even remote operation is possible for this feature.
• When using the TTL output from an active QA/QC reference spectrum test, there is now an hysteresis feature that prevent warning lights etc. to toggle rapidly on/off when the measured spectra is close to the preset limits.
• An error with QA/QC reference spectrum test using the ‘wide 1/1 octave’ spectrum is corrected.
• When external power fails during a running measurement, the instrument may start - or not start - the measurement again upon power return depending on the setting in the ‘Power Down menu’ (SETUP-1-9-9). The default setting for this feature is now changed to "START ENABLED".
• Remote operation via Bluetooth is enhanced to support the upcoming new Bluetooth module Nor520A with improved range.
• Improved the problem with reading out the RT decay curves measured with SweptSine under CtrlBuild control.
The new firmware version is supported by the version 4.6 of the NorXfer transfer software.
We proudly announce that Finero's Quanti MGHI Multifunctional Test Instrument has been chosen by the editors of “Test & Measurement World” to be a finalist in the category "Compliance and Environmental Test" of the BEST IN TEST competition 2011! This is the second year in a row that Finero's products have been nominated for the awards.
The “BEST IN TEST” awards are presented annually by the editors of “Test & Measurement World”. These awards honor important and innovative new products and services in the electronics test and measurement industry. Products from all areas of electronics testing and inspection are eligible.
The Quanti MGHI incorporates a DMM (digital multimeter) along with ground-bond, hipot, and insulation-resistance measurements in one 3U and 19-in. unit. This facilitates a lower-cost test-system setup and easier programming because the user has only one piece of test equipment from a single vendor. Quanti MGHI helps test and production engineers, as it emphasizes the integrated functional testing philosophy in production testing. Quanti MGHI provides a holistic approach to the testing of electrical safety and electrical functions with its integrated DMM. It is programmed through the front panel or through a PC; various PC interfaces are available.
Quanti MGHI has an integrated power-factor correction in the input in order to meet EN61000-3-2 requirements. The output of Quanti MGHI hipot measurements is floating up to 6kVAC/DC, ensuring a safe testing environment.
As per 1. of July 2010 GRAS has chosen us for their VAR (Value Added Reseller) in Denmark, focusing particularly at the electro-acoustic field. This means that we will take over sale and service in Denmark, which hopefully mean better conditions for our customers.
During the next months we will contact our customers within the industry to have a chat about your needs and visit you if you should want it.
There will also be more focus on GRAS's products on our website, where you will be able to find more information in the future.
GRAS produces microphones, preamplifiers, power supplies, fixtures, artificial ears, and other accessories for the acoustic front-end. Quality and performance is in the absolute high-end.